FPGAs (field-programmable gate arrays) are hardware circuits that carry out operations and can do one, multiple or many. This is what makes them an “array”. They are built and programmed to be extremely quick at what you want them to be quick at. In the financial world, where your use-case is defined heavily by speed, FPGAs in High Frequency Servers are very advantageous for trade execution.
The parallel processing nature of FPGA, which means no competition among resources, ensures that FPGAs are the optimal way to implement High Frequency Trading at the compute level.
We have been following a trend of FPGA adaptation in High Frequency Trading and here are the main reasons why:
- Although lower speed, FPGAs in High Frequency Servers can be just as effective
- FPGAs work in parallel with overclock
- Main features are accessibility and the reduced latency because of the closer proximity to the switch
ICC has expertise around FPGAs and low latency computing solutions for High Frequency Trading. We understand all elements, therefore, compliance, performance, maintenance, cost are all considered in our proposals to ensure long-term performance and success.
FEATURED SOLUTION FOR FPGAs IN HIGH FREQUENCY SERVER:
HIGH PERFORMANCE & SCALABLE 1U FPGA SOLUTION
Powerful PCIe expansion solution for High Frequency Servers engineered for environments with essential needs for serviceability and availability features.
- 4 single width cards or 2 double width.
- 150w power/slot (single width configuration) with auxiliary power cables.
- Slots support any combination of x1, x4, x8 and x16 PCIe cards.
- Sliding card carriage provides access to PCIe cards without removing enclosure from cabinet.
- Individual card power control.
Centralized management with:
- IP connectivity
- USB connectivity
- Fan monitoring
- Temperature monitoring
- PSU monitoring